- 160g butternut squash grated, or canned pumpkin
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk (or dairy alternative)
- 1⁄2 cup (50g) rolled oats (or brown rice flakes or quinoa flakes if gluten free)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (honey or rice malt syrup)
- 1⁄2 tsp pumpkin pie spice plus extra for dusting
- 1 1⁄2 tbs Greek yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 tbs vanilla protein powder (or natural protein powder)
- 1 tbs water adding up to 3 tbs to blend
- 1⁄4 cup (20g) pecans roughly chopped
This method is based on 1 serving
- Place butternut squash, milk, oats, maple syrup and spice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until thickened and the squash is soft. Pour into serving bowl.
- Combine yogurt and protein powder in a small bowl. Add sufficient water to blend to a smooth consistency.
- Serve oatmeal topped with yogurt, pecans and a dusting of spice to serve.
Based on 1 serving
Energy (kJ) 2607 Energy (cals) 623 Protein 28.5g Fat 29.7g Sat. Fat 4.3g Carbs 55.1g Sugar 24.5g Fiber 13.3g